Performing the ORE™ Study
MAX's operational consultants' team will map all entities to be sampled capturing all states. The data will be entered in the Sampleton™ database. Our team typically performs a complete ORE™ study in around 5 weeks.
- First two weeks spent on preparations:
- Activities mapping
- Multi Facet BN identification
- Third week is a 24X7 sampling process
- Last two weeks are spent on analysis and improvement road map preparation
- Defining the most important resources to measure, looking for the constraint resources.
- Preparing a clear definition of all the activities (states) performed by these resources and how to differentiate between those states.
- Communicating the purpose of the study to the floor.
- The activity list is entered into the database and the actual study starts.
- The Sampleton™ database was developed by the MAX Group specifically for ORE™ studies in our industry.
The time study is a process in which a sampler visits resources on a repetitive basis every given time (10 to 15 minutes typically) and notes the state this resource is in.